How Does the CABA Designation Work?
The Certified Advanced Business Analyst (CABA) designation program is a self-paced training and certification program on business analysis fundamentals, industry terms, and best practices. The CABA program is self-study and 100% online. That means you get to set your own pace and take as long as you need.
By developing and mastering the techniques for analysis and elicitation, participants will learn how to choose the correct strategies, ask the right questions, and to work with diverse and sometimes distant teams. Communication, an understanding of the technological environment, and a strong grasp of business requirements will provide you with the edge you need in business analysis.
To earn the CABA designation:
- Register for the CABA program.
- Purchase the required text book shared in the study guide and syllabus (below), and on the required reading page.
- Go through the materials in the books, videos, and audio resources. With the study guide and mock exam, study for the examination.
- Complete the project, as laid out in the study guide and on the project overview page.
- Schedule an examination by sending in your completed project.
- Score an 80% or higher grade on the examination and project, and earn the CABA designation and certification.
To learn more about the CABA program, here are some helpful downloads:
Most people can complete the program in 3-6 months, but there is no deadline or expiration to your registration. Once you register, you have lifetime access to the online materials and can complete the course at your own speed. With an exam held every month, the CABA can be completed as quickly as you’d like.
Once you enroll, use our audio and video study materials, complete the project laid out in the study guide, and pass our timed online examination, you will earn the CABA certificate. Please find an example of the certificate you will receive upon completion to the right.
Sample Expert Audio Interview: Jonathan Babcock is an experienced business analyst and business analysis manager from Atlanta, GA and author of The Practical Analyst website. He manages a team of business analysists and he helps manage the structure and updates to a network of a 6,000 store network. (Download this Audio Interview in MP3 Format)
Sample Video Module: When you join the CABA program, you gain access to 23 instructional videos on business analysis. Here is an example video:
Business Analysis Key Terms & Concepts (Download this Video in MP4 Format)