Strategic Business Analyst Project
The Certified Advanced Business Analyst (CABA) Program requires participants to complete a Business Analysis Case Study Project in order to graduate from the program. This project is worth 100 points and accounts for 50% of the total grade within the program.
As such, non-submission of this case study will result in an automatic failing grade for the CABA program. If you have any questions, please email us at Team@BusinessTraining.com.
Please note that you will need to create a flowchart for this project. That means that you will need to create one with Word, Excel, or other software. You are also welcome to draw this and scan a copy to email with your submission.
Once you have completed this project, please send it and your request to take your desired exam date at least 2 weeks before the scheduled exam date using the Examination Scheduling Form. To schedule yourself for an exam date, this project must be received, completed, at least 2 weeks before the exam date. For example, to take the October 10th exam date, this project must be received (as well as a request to take the exam) no later than September 26th.
Business Analysis Case Study
The company: FCB is one of the leading FMCG companies in the world. The company manufactures food, coffee and beverages. They have their global headquarters in Florida, US and their European regional center in Geneva. The manufacturing operation can be found in the US, France, Germany, Hungary and Ukraine. The regional center is responsible for sales, marketing, finance, logistics, HR of the region and IT operations. The company owns more than 30 leading brands.
They operate as a matrix organization. All responsibilities are divided based on product groups i.e. food, coffee and beverages. Each product group has their own financial analyst, sales financial analyst, marketing team, logistic manager and IT analyst.
The summary of responsibilities is the following:
- Define strategic objectives, strategic planning.
- Financial forecasting, financial analysis and controlling, manage accounting system.
- Market research, marketing strategy, marketing communication, promotion and advertising
- Logistics – inventory planning, logistics management, purchasing, order processing and management
- Sales – account management, negotiation, proposals
- Human resources – performance appraisal, compensation, training, people planning
The company aims to introduce a new web-based controlling system which is integrated with SAP R/3. The new system will be the Business Warehouse module of SAP. Currently, MS Access is used, which is not integrated to the accounting system (SAP). Data is entered manually therefore the chance of human and/or technical errors is high. The reports are not dynamic, detailed information cannot be searched easily. The current system does not correspond to the internal controls requirements either as it does not show already ordered (committed) items. The flowchart of the current status can be found on the next page.
- Create a Facilitated Meeting Work Plan of a Kick-off meeting for the project above. Please include deliverables, invitees and questions for the interviews.
- Based on the current process flowchart (on the next page) prepare how the final flowchart should look like after introducing the SAP BW module.
- Define, specify and categorize the requirements for this project.
Current Process Flowchart: